WASHINGTON, DC – The Gypsum Association has just posted its third free continuing education unit (CEU) course on its website, www.gypsum.org. The course, titled Application of Gypsum Panel Products, offers one Health, Safety, and Welfare (HSW) CEU learning unit with the American Institute of Architects (AIA). The new course shows participants how to use Gypsum Association publication GA-216, Application and Finishing of Gypsum Panel Products, as a guide for planning and specifying the installation of various gypsum panel products in a variety of building systems, including wood and steel framed partitions, walls, and ceilings.
After completing the course, participants will better understand:
- The terms and materials defined in GA-216;
- The different methods of applying gypsum panel products;
- The basic environmental conditions for installing gypsum panel products;
- The general requirements for installing gypsum panel products;
- The various fasteners used with gypsum panel products and the requirements for the installation of those fasteners;
- And requirements for special applications of gypsum panel products.
This course lays the ground work for the two other CEU courses on the Association’s website, a one- HSW learning unit course titled Understanding the Finishing of Gypsum Panel Products Using GA-216 and GA-214, Recommended Levels of Gypsum Board Finish, and a two-HSW learning unit course titled Understanding the GA-600 Fire Resistance Design Manual. All three courses are available to anyone with internet access free of charge. Upon successful completion, AIA members will receive the applicable CEU credits and all participants will receive a certificate of completion from the Gypsum Association
The Gypsum Association is in its 79th year of service as the technical, promotion, and information center of the gypsum industry. The Association, representing gypsum board manufacturing companies located throughout the United States and Canada, is located in Hyattsville, Maryland.